To deliver the Product and/or facilitate the Service provided by Kaplan Hong Kong via Kaplan Financial (HK) Limited; Kaplan Higher Education (HK) Limited; Kaplan Language Training (HK) Limited; Kaplan Language Centre; Kaplan Business & Accountancy School independently or in collaboration, it may be necessary for you to provide us with your personal data. Failure to supply such personal data may result in our company being unable to provide the Product and/or Service to you. The Policy set out hereunder regarding the use of personal data ("Information") is applicable to the Product or Service provided and maintained by the Kaplan Hong Kong (“Company”)
You hereby agree that any Information supplied by you to the Company is on a voluntary basis, and is accurate, true, current and complete. If this is not the case or the Company has reasonable grounds to suspect as such, the Company has the right to cancel and/or refuse the Product or Service to you.
Collection of Personal Data
The Company collects the Information during:
- user registration;
- course registration;
Information supplied by you to the Company and/or collected by the Company may include but is not limited to the following:
- date of birth;
- delivery and postal addresses;
- telephone or mobile phone or fax number;
- email address;
- work experience;
- name of employer;
The Company will strive to maintain Information as accurately as possible and only for as long as it is required.
You understand that any and all Information you provide to the Company will be collected and may be used for the purposes of :
- admission and registrations;
- student management and contacts;
- handling and following up service calls, enquiries and complaints;
- research and statistical analysis (data may be used in aggregate form and in such circumstances individual data will not be divulged);
- marketing and promotions;
- discounts and offers;
- conducting surveys;
- provision of username and password for access to online courses;
- maintaining contact lists for correspondence;
- meeting any legal, governmental or regulatory requirements in Hong Kong or any other applicable jurisdiction, including disclosure or notification requirements; and
- carrying out the user's instructions, responding to enquiries by that user or made on his/her behalf and providing users with the Products and/or Services.
Use of Information for Promotion Updates | Marketing
To ensure you are well informed of our latest activity news and offers, including any seminars, activities, gifts, discounts, benefits and other promotions, we will continue to provide you information relating to education, training, career development, professional development and self-enhancement.
We will also continue to provide with you the latest offers from Kaplan affiliates and our business partners on various kinds of products and services, including professional development, education, training and career development. Such information could be delivered to you personally through various communication channels by using your email address, correspondence address and telephone number.
You have the option of proactively making choices about the receipt of promotional communications from the Company and have a right at any time to stop the Company from contacting you for marketing and promotion purposes by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the promotional email you receive or by contacting us directly via email at HKMarketing@kaplan.com, together with your registered name and related contact information.
Links to Other Web Sites
Transfer of Information
We are committed to protect your privacy. We do not sell your personal information to any third parties.
You are aware, agree and authorize that all Information will be retained by and stored in one or more databases of the Company and will be provided to, disclosed to, accessed by and transferred to: -
- any person or bodies corporate or division within the Company;
- any person or bodies corporate under a duty of confidentiality to the Company;
- employees of the Company;
- any contractors, agents, other persons or bodies corporate engaged by the Company for or in relation to any of the purposes listed above or any third-party service providers who provide administrative, telecommunications, computer, payments, insurance, professional or other services to the Company; or
- any person by whom the Company is required by applicable legal, governmental or regulatory requirements to make disclosure.
Data Deletion Instruction
He/she who would like to delete his/her account personal data from http://free.kaplan.com.hk. Please provide your Login name, Full name, Email address, and Phone number to email@example.com. We will proceed to delete your account once we confirmed your provided information.
Changes to this Statement